Greetings Barkistas! As you may or may not know, we love to whip up treats for our favorite Barkista and are always looking for new pet-friendly dishes. Just in time for home stretch of holiday baking, we've got a recipe from Lucy Postins, CEO of The Honest Kitchen and dog cookbook author! These yummy treats are sure to please and include cranberries, which are good for pets prone to urinary tract infections
THE HONEST KITCHEN BUTTERNUT BITES RECIPE
o 1 cup boiled and mashed butternut squash (You could substitute mashed
o pumpkin or sweet potatoes if you don’t have butternut squash available.)
o 1½ cup uncooked oatmeal
o ¼ cup dried cranberries
o 1 tsp nutritional yeast
o 1 tbsp honey
what to do
1. Preheat the oven to 370°F and butter a large cookie sheet.
2. Combine the cooked, mashed butternut squash with the oatmeal, cranberries,
yeast and honey.
3. Mix well so that all the ingredients are very thoroughly combined.
4. Using a teaspoon, scoop small balls on to the buttered cookie sheet.
5. Make sure they are evenly spaced out about 1 inch apart and bake for about
10 to 12 minutes.
6. Allow the bites to cool, and then add these nutritious goodies to your dog’s
usual meal or serve them as individual treats!
What's your favorite pet-friendly recipe?