As most people know, doggy noses are a lot more sensitive than human snouts. And while you may love that perfume or scented candle, your pup may not. Based in New York City, the company Sniff has created a line of fragranced candles with your dog in mind. Featuring natural essences to promote a canine's "optimum health and well-being," pick from five different scents including:
- Day in the Hamptons: This invigorating concoction of rosemary, black pepper vine, finished with the freshness of spearmint and basil essential oils will take you and your pooch to sunny summer days!
- Fart & Away: This Intense fragrance combination was developed not only to deodorize, but to actually ease the cause of your dog’s unpleasant condition. This mix of floral ylang ylang, tuberose, white tea, myrtle & fennel will take care of it all!
- Field of Dreams: Based on lavender known to ease stress, this blend is softened by the sweetness of amber mixed with some earthy notes of vetyver anchored with rich sandalwood. A special scent to help your friend relax, drift off and dream.
- Splendor in the Grass: Specifically formulated for the city-dweller, or any pet with limited park time. The smell of a fresh-cut lawn, hints of hay, an earthy blend of tomato leaves with undernotes of cedarwood tree is sure to bring the outdoors inside.
- Friends to the Rescue: Offensive to your pet’s pests, this mixture of lemongrass, eucalyptus and grapefruit held together by geranium, cyprus and ginger with a finish of mangosteen will keep the little critters at bay.
Available for $28 each directly from Sniff's website or as a set of 5 for $138; a portion of sales are donated to animal rescue groups that work with NYC's Animal Care and Control department. While we can't vouch that your dog will love any of the scents-- you have to admit, they all sound pretty good!